Mr Shen maths tutor (1 Viewer)

themoonspretty

HSC
N/A
Thoughts on Mr Shen maths tutor at Castle Hill, does he teach well? Are his students results good?

lalall

HSC
Thinking about going there. Can anyone who went there please let me know whether he is good or not. Thanks

Wishoo

HSC
Anyone tell me about Mr shen? does he teach well? Are his students results good? Which school students going there?

dumNerd

HSC
Anyone tell me about Mr shen? does he teach well? Are his students results good? Which school students going there?
A lot of baulko students go there but most of them are dum so don't base it of students that go there

Wishoo

HSC
Thanks dear but could you tell me more, does Mr shen teach well? his students result good? Is there fast pace environment or teaching slowly?

Wishoo

HSC
I know quite a lot of people that go shens. Most of them get 80% in a tests I can finish in 20 minutes so go figure. However, one of them is able to actually to the 3U HSC paper and get a >90 raw mark. Basically shen teaches far ahead, so it won't help with school and if you don't self study you will not achieve good results later on because you will forget the content.
Thanks a lot for your information

member 6003

HSC
I go to Mr Shen currently, and tbh It really depends on whether you'll find value in his class. I personally I found the class to be really good when I joined in year 10 probably because it ran at a faster pace and it was actually engaging for me to work through all of the worksheets he'd give, a stark difference to other tutoring places I went to.
As for the pace like rn I've finished all of 3u and 4u has only mechanics left but he went through proofs too quickly so he'll probably go back to it. (term 1 of year 12)

My friends however who go to the same class, ik haven't gained as much from it because they just forget what he teaches / doesn't go through the worksheets at home / doesn't complete 100% of the hw. When he's going through a topic you have to make sure that you get good at it yourself to able to do the worksheets he gives out in class.

Students results are quite good, but it sorta depends on what year, I would say most students get in the 95-97 range for 3u and 4u you can look at the wall he writes them all up.

tldr: fast pace, good results but you have to put effort in. also pretty cheap

kkk579

hello
HSC
I go to Mr Shen currently, and tbh It really depends on whether you'll find value in his class. I personally I found the class to be really good when I joined in year 10 probably because it ran at a faster pace and it was actually engaging for me to work through all of the worksheets he'd give, a stark difference to other tutoring places I went to.
As for the pace like rn I've finished all of 3u and 4u has only mechanics left but he went through proofs too quickly so he'll probably go back to it. (term 1 of year 12)

My friends however who go to the same class, ik haven't gained as much from it because they just forget what he teaches / doesn't go through the worksheets at home / doesn't complete 100% of the hw. When he's going through a topic you have to make sure that you get good at it yourself to able to do the worksheets he gives out in class.

Students results are quite good, but it sorta depends on what year, I would say most students get in the 95-97 range for 3u and 4u you can look at the wall he writes them all up.

tldr: fast pace, good results but you have to put effort in. also pretty cheap
what’s the price?

member 6003

HSC
its $30 per hour for me but it think it varies depending on grade and whether do you the 4u or 3u class. I guess since I do 4 hours a week (both 3u and 4u) its not that cheap in total but per hour its ok, like I've seen other places charge $90/hr.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)