MTeach at UMelb (1 Viewer)

utterblissikins

HSC
Hi everyone,

I'm a third year Arts student at the ANU majoring in English. I got at UAI of 96, but when I started my Arts degree I started to drift and I just had absolutely no idea what I wanted to do. I wasn't really focused on anything, and couldn't find much motivation. I've since decided on teaching (specifically English secondary), and am really excited for it. My number one choice would be the MTeach at the University of Melbourne, but I'm now worried about my grades. There seems to be no specific requirements listed on the course website, other than you must have 'performed well'. I have a distinction average in my English subjects, but only a high credit average all up (68-69). I've only ever gotten passes for two courses, and I've never failed anything. Does anyone have any idea if this will be good enough to have a chance of getting in? I am planning to do Honours as well - would this help my application in any way? I do have two semesters to go, so I'm hoping to turn things around a little.

Also, does anyone have any experiences with the MTeach? Or have any recommendations for other Education courses? I was also looking at USyd. I need to get out of Canberra, I've been here my whole life and I don't want to stay another year for a DipEd.

flowergirl87

HSC
You should be more than fine. Pretty much everyone with a degree gets into this course. It's a new course so enrollments aren't that high and they want as many students as possible. I would not worry!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)