• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Much help needed! (1 Viewer)

princessmess

HSC
"Physical journeys involve obstacles and challenges which can act as catalysts for personal growth"

I'm using Skrzynecki's poem Leaving Home, but I don't think there's any personal growth in it, am I wrong?

Help please :(

Sofstar

HSC
Could you say something about how the city scene is superficial e.g. denture smiles, vague descriptions of the bureucrats doesn't allow personal growth because there's nothing new to experience?
And that he's been through this experience already. e.g millioth person who couldnt pronounce his name, packing everything again, saying goodbye to things he knows.

Hope that helps. lol.

princessmess

HSC
So is it alright if I disagree with my thesis for this one poem?

My thesis:

The obstacles and opportunities that are faced during physical journeys often present experiences that affect the traveller intellectually, emotionally, and also physically.
Apprehension is a common response, and obstacle, relating to the idea of journeying.
IF the traveller is to overcome the challenges faced in their journey, they evolve to become more resilient, tolerant, wise, and have a better sense of self.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)