• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Multimodal Help (1 Viewer)

sakinluvo

HSC
Hi guys, I was wondering on how to ace a multimodal that compares and analyses two pieces of text (I gotta make a multimodal about King Lear and Big Fish) that relates to Mod A, 'How and why do stories resonate with their audiences across time?.'

I flopped in year 10 with my multimodal and cannot understand how to do a good good multimodal that gets an A because I need a good mark for this so I can flop in my yearlies <3 thanks!

MoeyNeeds90+

HSC
Hi guys, I was wondering on how to ace a multimodal that compares and analyses two pieces of text (I gotta make a multimodal about King Lear and Big Fish) that relates to Mod A, 'How and why do stories resonate with their audiences across time?.'

I flopped in year 10 with my multimodal and cannot understand how to do a good good multimodal that gets an A because I need a good mark for this so I can flop in my yearlies <3 thanks!
I gotcha here lit doing exact same thing--this is the structure-- ;)

Structure of Multimodal:
  1. Introduction - Thesis, Introduce Texts + 3 values that connect the texts.
  2. BP 1 - Core Text + Related Text 1
  3. BP 2 - Core Text + Related Text 2
  4. BP 3 - Core Text + Related Text 3
  5. Conclusion.
BP Structure:
  1. Topic Sentence
  2. Core Text context statement
  3. 2 sentences of analysis from core text.
  4. Linking sentence to related text
  5. 2 sentences of analysis from related text
  6. What is learnt from both texts about the shared value?
  7. Link to Question.

Does the question ask for integrated pictures?

Last edited:

sakinluvo

HSC
I gotcha here lit doing exact same thing--this is the structure-- ;)

Structure of Multimodal:
  1. Introduction - Thesis, Introduce Texts + 3 values that connect the texts.
  2. BP 1 - Core Text + Related Text 1
  3. BP 2 - Core Text + Related Text 2
  4. BP 3 - Core Text + Related Text 3
  5. Conclusion.
BP Structure:
  1. Topic Sentence
  2. Core Text context statement
  3. 2 sentences of analysis from core text.
  4. Linking sentence to related text
  5. 2 sentences of analysis from related text
  6. What is learnt from both texts about the shared value?
  7. Link to Question.

Does the question ask for integrated pictures?
Thanks!, but no it doesn't mention it anywhere

MoeyNeeds90+

HSC
Thanks!, but no it doesn't mention it anywhere
ok, great makes it easier for you! If you want here's a nice Intro I am using {doing the same thing lol}---It mentions the shared values between text, and also what they challenge :) {just take in mind this is extension english so its a bit more verbose!}

The persistence of adaptations and appropriations is that of homeostatic constancy. Through their encapsulation of a dialectical interplay activated by their respective contextual zeitgeists, manifestation influence an individual's critical discourse analysis, shaping their comprehension of the evolving socio-cultural milieu. and hegemonic discourse articulated within each societal period. Through the manifestations of Publius Ovidius Naso’s, [Ovid’s], magnum opus, Metamorphoses [8CE], as in W.H. Auden’s ekphrasis ‘Musée des Beaux Arts’ [1938] David Malouf’s fictional novella An Imaginary Life [1978], and Carol Duffy’s dramatic monologue, Mrs. Icarus’ [1999], there is a critical engagement with the source text, through the respective composers challenge of its perceptions of epistemological traditions, critiquing the perceptions of individual compliance towards the quotidian sense of morality as an intrinsic characteristic of human nature, and challenging the perceptions reflecting on the human condition's intrinsic instability within the broader philosophical and cultural discourses of the respective context.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)