Music 2 2005 - General Discussion (1 Viewer)

What elective do you do for Music 2?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Hey guys and Welcome! :)

This is your official general discussion Music 2 thread to come and talk about Music 2 related things.

The poll is puerly statisical purposes, please vote so that I can know what information we need more/less of.

brassedoff

HSC
What do you _do_ in your music classes?

What does everyone actually do in music(ology in particular) classes, and do they have some sort of structure?

Our music classes seem to have no structure. we've spent 3 weeks doing a performance workshop, and judging from last years construct, won't be doing any after this. Are we surposed to learn terminology and how to write responses to HSC questions in our own time, or in class? The lack of a clear set of 'outcomes' has confused me...

Jazz Man Tim

Cannonball
HSC
werid, we analyse pieces. we have a set number of pieces we need to listen to and we analyse them in class. we do performances and we have 1 composition double period a week. but normally we anaylse pieces....

brassedoff

HSC
We do a lot of that analysis, but it's mostly open discussion, and I'm worried I won't be able to do the same on paper in the HSC... but I guess everyone is

Jazz Man Tim

Cannonball
HSC
open discussion? we have work books and our teacher makes up questions on the concepts for the pieces. you will need score extracts for your essay question in the HSC so having notes to look back onto helps a whole lot :)

Zoltan

Too cool for school
HSC
I know what you mean though brassedoff, our classes have some structure but we don't do a lot of exam technique... it would help if we had a textbook or something, but there you go.
I do musicology elective, so I spend most of my time researching and pretty soon I'll actually be writing the essay, and that's pretty much it.

Just out of interest, who has regrets about the elective they've chosen?

windswept-hevan

HSC
my music class has no set structure. because music 1 is combined with music 2, the teacher just leaves the four of us to do music 2 stuff. not that it really helps. i'm not even quite sure what we're doing anymore......i'll be so screwed for the hsc when it comes.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)