Music 2/ And Extension (1 Viewer)

kafer

HSC
i need help finding two more songs for performance, because im doing extension on top of music 2 i am perforing 6 songs in total. i am a tenor saxophone player, style would probs best be described as jazz/rock/funk/blues fusion, but at this point i am open to any suggestions

so if anyone knows any songs suitable to play, please let me know, eiather for with an ensemble or backing track

thanks heaps

brad

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
hey brad,

a friend of mine who was a saxophonist a few years ago actually used vocal blues music and just played it on the sax. she did extension too, got a freakin' awesome mark. so if your looking for tenor sax repertoire and finding it hard, you can always revert to something written for a different instrument, transpose it and play it on the sax..?

there's no rule saying you have to play music strictly written for the tenor saxophone. so go wild!

browneye

HSC
yeh i agree
:jedi:
If you want something contrasting, look up the Real Books.
and find a nice ballad written for voice like "The Nearness of You", "Foolish Heart". ect.
they sound great, it gives a whole new aspect to your playing and markers LOVE!!! that shit. .

Joe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)