• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Music 2 Aural Exam (1 Viewer)

peep

HSC
N/A
hey all,
Hope studying is going well!
I have my music 2 paper on Wednesday after English paper 2, and I was wondering if anyone had access to exemplar Q4 answers, because I have no clue what a 10/10 looks like?
Thanks!

genenian

HSC
nope but i did get like 9.5/10 in my trial

for intro, have a broad statemetn about music, about how the particular concepts that are targeted contribute to its integrity/the purpose of creating interest/a certain mood. just something that broadly covers the significanec of this concept and how it broadly appleis to all the eras that are mentioined in the question.
also obvs introduce what pieces youre doing, their publish dates, points of difference and ismilarities.

i like to do each piece in a separate paragraph, touching on different dimensions of the concepts asked. a simple example is if it was dynamics i would pick my musiical quotes and specific dynamics that highlight sadness in one piece as that is that piece's central mood or programmatic idea. then i would say "contrastingly, ____ augments this use of dynamics, using the broad wells of volume with the light staccato as a marker of happiness blah blah"

and yeah
dont forget a conclusion too

cool_dryplace

HSC
I got 10/10 on my trial and I'm pretty sure the question was straight up ripped form a past paper. It was pretty vague so I could talk about any concept which was good, but looking at the past couple of papers I feel like this year's Q4 will provide an excerpt to compare 1/2 prepared pieces. Really hoping they don't specify you have to refer to both parts of the mandatory topic, I don't have anything prepared for popular music/jazz etc.!!!

I think you can have a super short intro/conclusion just to save time for more actual musical analysis, but its good to have an opening and closing statement just addressing the question. I don't think it's necessary to get a 10/10, but I know preparing particular extracts and notating them on the provided manuscript can help (I didn't in my trial, just had bar numbers and talked about particular intervals/chords/rhythmic ideas)! Definitely be confident in pitch and duration at the very least, but they asked for those two last year so It could be a more conceptual question like 'how is tension/interest created in your piece?, so it's worth just knowing interesting aspects of your pieces just in case.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)