(Music 2) Bass players help me out! (Electric + Double) (1 Viewer)

jarop

HSC
So i'm doing music 2 + extention next year (well next term) and i'm trying to get my program together now.

So as far as im aware mandatory is music of an "australian focus" over the last 25 years.
Our additional is 1945-1985 (last 25 years). Great jazz period

So i'm sitting on about 7th grade double bass, I get jazz lessons on both electric and dub and i'm going to be doing 2 pieces on piano to give my fingers a bit of a load off. So that leaves 4 pieces for either basses

I've got Yandarra by Matthew Hindson which (as horrid as it sounds) fits the mandatory topic well and i've already got it under my fingers so meh.

Does anybody have any good pieces they can recommend me for either topics?
Classical or Jazz is good. I've obviously been asking my teacher but there's another double player he teaches in my year who's miles ahead of me (and he's been using the same pieces given to me) so it would be dumb to use the same.

As far as the Jazz goes i've heard recordings of people like Carter doing just piano + bass charts with the head arco and pizz solos (the piano backs up with block chords and the occassional counter melody). I've been contemplating lyrical charts like in a sentimental mood - Nice easy changes and a fantastic head (It was written in 1935 so i'm stuck looking elsewhere.) Piano + bass can't really be considered a group (I'd assume trio wouldn't really be a solo otherwise i'd have a million charts.)

Classical? Anything really, just as long as it's not aussie XD.

Anyway i've got stacks of time and ill be hitting the sydney con a lot but it would be nice to hear from some ex-students / guys doin it now

cheers!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)