Music1 (1 Viewer)

ledge56

HSC
Hi.

Im currently in Year 12( Just Started) and i am Studying Music1. Is their anyone that can help me with Getting ready for Performance's Exams and My Viva Voice .

And Hints on A Viva Voice Topic would be great because i currently dont have 1.

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
Firstly, welcome to BoS. :)

Secondly, my performance tip is to never, ever, ever show you've made a mistake. Keep going, and don't twitch, curse under your breath, or anything. If you can keep the beat constant, and pick straight back up, you'll end up with a better performance overall, and demonstrate that you can pick back up from errors quickly.

Thirdly, try the Music forum for more specific info. This forum is much more general - each subject has its own forum where better info is located. :)

I hope you enjoy your time here,

I_F

butterflyxx

HSC
Heyy,

I'm doing 3 performances and one composition for my major. I dunno what style of composition i should do =T

I've started composing all sorts of style on the piano... and so far, my parents prefer an ethnic piece i composed whereas my friends prefer a sorta pop style.

What should i do?

butterflyxx

HSC
Hmm, so any suggestions as to what type of composition the examiners are looking for? I have absolutely no idea what to do =(

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
A performance is exactly that...a performance...so perform! Regardless of what you play, make it entertaining, you are their to impress the crowd (ie the markers). There is a fine line between being a musician & a great player of your instrument. The best marks go to those performances which are technical, and are entertaining.

A perfect example is my music class, which was all boys, and 4 or 5 of them were 'punkers'. We all got above 80, and 2 of us got above 95. The two above 95 did 2 vivas, all the others did 4 performances. They did so well because they enjoyed what they did, and they nailed it, as if they were on stage.

Good Luck!

Btw pm if you want some extra info on vivas.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
butterflyxx said:
Hmm, so any suggestions as to what type of composition the examiners are looking for? I have absolutely no idea what to do =(
There's a few threads on this issue. They're more relevant to Music 2/Ext, but the principles are the same.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)