Music2 2006 (1 Viewer)

_ShiFTy_

HSC
Hi, i am in YR11 and i'm thinking about doing Music2 for the HSC...i havent really been trying very hard this year with Music2 but i have been getting a few good responses from the teacher duing the past few weeks. I am also currently doing 8th Grade Piano. I was wondering what is involved in this course...

Emma-Jayde

Muahahahaha
HSC
It focuses on Australian music of the last 25 years. That's the mandatory topic.
Plus you pick an additional topic out of a list and study it yourself.

You then have your core works-
1 composition
1 Performance (Must represent last 25 years)

And ane elective of;
2 Performances (1 additional topic, one either mand. or add.)
1 composition
1 Musicology essay.

If you did prelim music 2 I stay stick with it for the HSC. Don't drop to music 1.

Nicci_15

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm in year 11 at the moment and i'm doing music 2.

According 2 my friends who did it last it year, it actually quite good

HSC
_ShiFTy_ said:
Hi, i am in YR11 and i'm thinking about doing Music2 for the HSC...i havent really been trying very hard this year with Music2 but i have been getting a few good responses from the teacher duing the past few weeks. I am also currently doing 8th Grade Piano. I was wondering what is involved in this course...
If your at 8th grade piano, you should not even consider music one, simply because it will bore you immensly. This is a succinct summary of the courses:

Music 1: Music for people who can't read music

Music 2: music for people who can read music

Music 3: music for people who can read music and aren't taking other courses like maths (ie have a lot of time for organising ensembles etc).

Given your at 8th grade, I assume you can read music, placing you in the music 2 category, with the option of considering music 3.

don't do music 1, as, even if you don't want to continue music in later life, music 2 will be easy for an 8th grader.

Emma-Jayde

Muahahahaha
HSC
oskarthestudent said:
If your at 8th grade piano, you should not even consider music one, simply because it will bore you immensly. This is a succinct summary of the courses:

Music 3: music for people who can read music and aren't taking other courses like maths (ie have a lot of time for organising ensembles etc).

Given your at 8th grade, I assume you can read music, placing you in the music 2 category, with the option of considering music 3.

don't do music 1, as, even if you don't want to continue music in later life, music 2 will be easy for an 8th grader.
Music 1: Music for people who can't read music or can't be bothered putting in the work for music 2. Some of my friends are lazy bludgers who have done L.Mus on the viola (as an example) and still do music 1 because they couldn't be bothered....

And by music 3 do you mean music extension?

demosthenes

Executive Sardine
HSC
dont do music 2 unless you are passionate and dedicated to music.
It requires a huge amount of input (moreso than most other subjects) and a hell of a lot of criticism....if you cant take that then dont do it.
if you are doing it as a 'fun' subject, do music 1 (ie to make 12 or more units)

Nicci_15

HSC
Uni Grad
oskarthestudent said:

And you need Music 2 to get into the Con

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)