• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

My major Project (1 Viewer)

Sparra

HSC
My D&T major project is to build a single player level for a game.

I'm building a workind SP level of Minas Tirith. For those who don't know what Minas Tirith is, it is the "white city" in return of the king (lord of the rings).

Those who have played "the return of the king" game and were impressed by the Minas Tirith levels in that, imagine the full city constructed and being able to walk into each room you come across.

I have a website there isn't much on it at the moment but you can have a look if your bored its found at http://www.atomicknight.bravehost.com.
There is also a "playable" beta version release there as well if you want to try it just follow the links.

Editor: GTKRadiant 1.4.0
Game Engine: Quake 3
Game: Return to Castle Wolfenstien
Level: Return of the King (lotr)
Type: SP

What does everyone think?.

Last edited:

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
m8....the first thing i notice is the title "Minas Tirith Porject", typos are not good m8.....it forced me 2 dismiss ur entire project as lame and i didnt read on, markers do the same type of thing....

Sparra

HSC
It's design and technology, markers aren't looking for spelling mistakes.
I think you should go back to the english forum because spelling typo's on a webpage that markers aren't even going to see are inconsequential. I have over 200 days to fix it anyway.

Never-the-less your post has been noted, despite it's obvious stupidity, being that I did ask for people's opinion on my choice of project not my ability to accidently miss-hit a key when I rush my typing.

All the same, thanks...

By the way... "Oh yeah, Go you!"

Last edited:

DanielleM

HSC
hey sparra.. dawso was only trying to help and also giving his opinion... you should take it into account.. as its all about presentation and communicating your product to the marker.. if your project contains spelling miustakes this would be very difficult to communicate it.

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
thank you very much danielle, one rep point for you...

the entire project is about overall impression, if u hav it hand written and spelling mistakes everywhere, it dont matter wat u write about, the impression is its lame and u will get shit marks, same wit any shoddy stuff, its the impression they get, smae goes wit ur overall skool, if the markers walk in and see graffiti everywhere, beleive it or not, the first impression they get is 'this is a derro school (or a typical public school without bloody funding) and will begin 2 mark wit lower marks'

also, y are u not going to at least include documentation about this website in ur folio?

Sparra

HSC
Point is I don't have to worry about spelling mistakes for a webpage, that's only purpose is to upload beta's and download beta's.

The only documentation I will need to include in my folio is that I used the webpage to distribute the level.

Thanks Sparra

BTW. I wanted opinions on what people thought of what I am doing as a project, not can anyone find my spelling mistakes.

DanielleM

HSC
spelling mistakes are an opinion...
just chill
do what you want ur project we are just here for suggestions...
thanks for the rep ;) dawso

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)