My only dilemma about the hsc (1 Viewer)

jannny

HSC
Probably my dilemma has been discussed over and over again but I just want to stress the importance of getting a good school assesment rank for future students.

For example, I got 91 exam mark for maths but got pulled down to 88 because of my assessment mark.. I mean 88 is still cool, but at least 90 could've been better.

However, these school assessment ranks can be affected by a LOT of factors e.g.
"one class has a better and more helpful teacher than the other class" This could mean the better teacher gives his students more resources and could result into significant difference in school assessment rankings.

I used to be upset about how I feel disadvantaged by this better teacher issue, but I keep telling myself that Life is unfair and you just have to make the most of what you have.

So 08 people and future ones, Do your best on your school assessments beat the crap out of your other classmates? haha.. Scab notes? if needed from past students. If you got a crap teacher or something from your class is affecting ur studies e.g. bullies fkn do somethng! Go consult other teachers.. dont just sit there and do nothing..

Hopefully what I wrote made sense lols, ok adios gna eat now.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
lol nah it made sense - i agree =] ; all my assessment marks pulled me down (by like 2-3) cos i had fairly dodgy ranks.

i get where youre coming from :D

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
lol , well the careers advisor told me to wait until offers come out - cos you never know , something could happen.

so i guess , if after the uni offers come out and im not successful then yeah , prolli will repeat lol.

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
Nice post - may want to repeat it in 08 where more people will see it.

miss-smexy

HSC
My friend got around 62 for internal mark, and 87 for external mark and his overall mark was therefore 86. like probably benefit of the doubt?!

(This was for mathematics)

jannny

HSC
ah yea should've posted it in 08

mods can u please move this to 2008 general discussion thanks !

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
you know what i did exactly what you said to do this year - in terms of going nuts about competing and scabbing notes and complaining about teachers - i was a woman on a mission :D
and you know what? it saved my arse, seriously all my internal marks (except extension english) were equal or higher than my exam marks. i think i burnt out during the HSC exams or something because i really didn't do that well compared to school, i mean i still did well
the only place it brought me down was ext where i had 42 exam mark but whoever came 9th in the exams really didn't do that well :(
oh well my point is, work hard but not TOO hard otherwise you'll end up like me, tired.
oh and don't become soe competitive that you have no friends left, i mean who are you gonna brag to about your UAI if you have no friends? =P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)