My Pip Topic....does this sound right? (1 Viewer)

B13

HSC
Ok so after MANY weeks of thinking and changing my pip topic I have finally come up with a topic. And I kinda typed up half the intro. I still haven’t sorted out all the methodologies yet.
The topic I choose is about bleak films and their message behind them and how they play a role in society by the impact and affect it has on its viewers. I define the genre ‘bleak films’ as ones that in one way or the other contain an element of bleakness in them, whether it is the storyline, the subject matter, the themes, or the way the director depicts the film. In particular I have chosen a group of films that would help me on my study:

21 Grams deals with guilt, love, revenge. Requiem For A Dream looks at the downfall of addiction and drug use. Fight Club tells a story about a man consumed his own society and environment. Magnolia shows us how a group of people connect through the same believe that “past forever affects the present”. American Beauty expresses the thoughts of a man whose undergoing dramatic change and Taxi Driver follows a man and his ways of changing his society/environment.

I haven’t connected them to the fundamental concepts of the course yet. What I’m hoping to do is to have questionnaires for people who have seen these films and get their opinion on how the film has impact them. Them I hope to do an interview with some other people and record down their opinions on bleak films in general and how they play affect people and society. Am I making any sense here? I’m still kinda really confused here…:(

I’m going to divide the pip into chapters focusing on each movie. Can I do this?

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
You can divide your PIP and investigate each movie in a separate chapter, however I would strongly recommand you not to do so because you will get mark down in areas of where they look for coherency, and be able to compose a logical PIP. I have seen some PIPs where students divivided up their PIPs, with each section aiming to talk about one fundamental concepts and how their topic is related to this and that, and scored band 2/3. Really, if you divide each movie in a separate section, this tells the markers you've also differentiated different conceptual aspects of Society and Culture, which is NOT the aim they are trying to convey through the syallabus. You will find that Society and Culture concepts are integral, and interconnected, the idea that Society, culture, enviroment, and persons across time influences every aspects of our lives and what is encompassing us.

I hope this clear things up in regard to the logistic of your PIP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)