• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Myer Xmas Casual Pay Query T.T (1 Viewer)

runlolarun

HSC
N/A
I recently got a casual xmas job in Myer City, seems to be a fancy thing bt it turns out the payroll actually kills me.

1st they did not pay for that one-day induction (which held in parramatta learning centre)
2nd they did not pay for online induction
3rd I waited for two weeks and they only pay me that 2 hours store orientation.

Anyone or fellows have any idea on why or what happened? T.T

I'm pretty sure that all my details are correct...
HELP~~

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
The fact that you got paid at all suggests that they do have your details correct. I don't think it's common to pay for online training, rather it's just part of the job that you have to do. I also think technically it's illegal to have training and not pay you for it, but induction might be different to store orientation. They should have stated in the interview when they talked about what the next steps of the process towards working there are, which parts you get paid for and which parts you don't.

If this continues to worry you, just contact your supervisor, or the HR department.

runlolarun

HSC
N/A
All the facts that I listed were confirmed by the guy who trained us. He said we will definitely get paid for both online trainning and one day induction.

So that's what I get upset abt. Yep I have already grabbed a query form. There actually plenty of procedures for u to make enquires abt payroll....not just a phone call can solve...supervisors most of the time were not at phone

T.T

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
Well just follow protocol then? Probably a mix-up because admin would be crazy with all the new staff they've brought on board for the christmas period.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)