• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

myth busters (1 Viewer)

HSC
has any one seen it before? its the best show on tv.

i saw one the otherday and they were testing if they could lift a boat from the bottom of the ocean with ping pong balls. it was mad!!
what was ur favorite myth? was it busted?

laurel18

Keep smiling Ü
HSC
I heard about it from my brother...

You get more wet from running in the rain...
So if you wanna stay dry, walk.

Did you watch that one global?

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
mythbusters is so funny cracks me up so much

i like any myth that involves remote controlled cars or explosions (which most of them hehehe :D), the rocket car one and the flying chair were pretty good.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I love it, but they've only got repeats on at the moment.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
yeah i thought the quicksand one was good..

best was when they blew up the cement truck...

800 pounds of explosives
cement truck...
1 mile exclusion zone
closing the highway
ex fbi explosives person
etc
:):):)

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
mr_brightside said:

800 pounds of explosives
cement truck...
1 mile exclusion zone
closing the highway
ex fbi explosives person
etc
Any of them that include an explosion are awesome.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
i wanna get me a chicken cannon, or a tree cannon... the repeats are on when theres cricket (which finished a day(s) early). and poor buster has been through so much shit... he looks severely past his usable date

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Murf...Mondays, 7.30pm, SBS.

And, I love it! Spesh Adam, he is funny. At first I didn't like the side-kicks they've got now (Tory, Scotty, and whatever the other chicks name is) but now I think they're ok.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
i like myth that i heard of before and wondered if they can be true or not. becuase soem myth i never even heard of and it doesnt excite me as much to see if its solvable

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
its a great show, only i dont watch it very often anymore cos im usually studying when its on... i only watch shows that i really really love, like Lost and Spicks 'n' Specks and the Glasshouse.
its funny when they blow stuff up though, i love it. those two work so well together... the best thing was when Adam stole Jamies white shirt cos he wanted to see how it was that he managed to never get the bloody thing dirty. lol

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
me too, it would be sooo much fun!
except for the experiment bout the feacal colloforms (or whatever theyre called) that was gross, there are some things you dont need to know

HSC
where did my mythbusters thread go?? :S

hey what's the name of that chick with the red hair? she's hot. and apparently she has all these university degrees.

Firnovvwen

HSC
mr_brightside said:

800 pounds of explosives
cement truck...
1 mile exclusion zone
closing the highway
ex fbi explosives person
etc

Bloody great that ep. was. I hate the fact that Channel 7 has taken Myth Busters over away from ABC. The ABC is great viewing. No bloody advertisements.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
sbs showed mythbusters, and i believe they still do (when there is no cricket). the jaws special is a one off for chanel 7, as beyond tomorrow was from the same production company...

edit:just checked sbs has right to season 3 and will be showing it next year

Last edited:

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Mythbusters = Bunch Of Wannabee Scientists, Basically They State The Obvious And Elaborate On It.

The Gun Ones Are Lame, Like As If A Bullet Would Just Blow Up, Unless Of Course It Was One Of Those Grenade Bullets Or Something. The Jaws Was Lame As Well, And So Was The Chinese Torture, Which I Somehow Already Know Works (i Dont Know I Read It Somehwere). Foresnic On About Shit On Your Toothbrush Is Also Already Known, But Its Lame!

Its Only Good To See Cos Of The Wannabee Scientists Attitude, They Have No Idead Of What They Are Doing. Llike In The Gun One They Its Newton Law Every Reaction Has Its Opposition Reaction, Thats Not Really Realated, Its Got To With Force And Momentum And Whole Lot Of Other Shit, Inluding Elastic/inelastic Collision Etc.

What Else Maybe They Do Somthin Gud, Like Bust Eintseitn Theories Or Maybe Screw One Of Those Guiness Records>?

HSC
HotShot said:
Mythbusters = Bunch Of Wannabee Scientists, Basically They State The Obvious And Elaborate On It.

The Gun Ones Are Lame, Like As If A Bullet Would Just Blow Up, Unless Of Course It Was One Of Those Grenade Bullets Or Something. The Jaws Was Lame As Well, And So Was The Chinese Torture, Which I Somehow Already Know Works (i Dont Know I Read It Somehwere). Foresnic On About Shit On Your Toothbrush Is Also Already Known, But Its Lame!

Its Only Good To See Cos Of The Wannabee Scientists Attitude, They Have No Idead Of What They Are Doing. Llike In The Gun One They Its Newton Law Every Reaction Has Its Opposition Reaction, Thats Not Really Realated, Its Got To With Force And Momentum And Whole Lot Of Other Shit, Inluding Elastic/inelastic Collision Etc.

What Else Maybe They Do Somthin Gud, Like Bust Eintseitn Theories Or Maybe Screw One Of Those Guiness Records>?

bust einstein's theories? like attempt to prove that objects can travel faster than the speed of light?

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
yes, the vegetarian is so hot...

oh, i don't like adam (not the bald guy), he's too geeky for my liking

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)