"N awards" (1 Viewer)

nikkigirl

HSC
Question: Can you get an n-award for not completing homework?

nikkigirl

HSC
but i was always under the impression you could only get one for not completing an assestment task.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
nikkigirl said:
but i was always under the impression you could only get one for not completing an assestment task.
internetz dear.
you just answered your own question :)

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
hold on, i have a friend who got an N Award warning because the teacher thought that she was not completing the course sufficiently or taking the work seriously. in that case, if you do not complete the course satisfactorily then you may get an N award. It would be up to the disgression of your teacher, year coordinator and principal. wouldn't it?

A l

HSC
N/A
You may receive an N award for not doing homework. This is because in theory you are not satisfactorily completing the course by not doing your homework. If you do not complete this homework satisfactorily some other time and show it to your teacher (depending on school policies), then you are at risk of not receiving your HSC.

Emph

HSC
Do teachers really check homework at your schools?!

We are treated as responsible adults who can decide for ourselves whether or not we do the homework because it is your own fault for not understanding if you dont do it.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Emph said:
Do teachers really check homework at your schools?!

We are treated as responsible adults who can decide for ourselves whether or not we do the homework because it is your own fault for not understanding if you dont do it.
i like this attitude, lol. our school doesnt really 'check homework' per se, but (and this happens in english a lot) often we'll be told to do something eg "read this and make notes on bla bla" and the next day it becomes really obvious who hasnt done it because they cant contribute anything to the discussion. and if we get essays etc and dont hand them in we get warnings --> eventually an n award if u kept being slack im guessing. the only subject that we really get checked up on is maths - u hav to mark off every exercise or risk those stupid warning letters. but otherwise its pretty much an attitude of "do your hw!!... but we're not gonna be responsible for your shit mark if u dont" sort of thing. there's this one guy in a few of my classes who is v smart and has a lot of potential but does basically nothing and wastes it...he would be a top english n drama student if he ever came to class and worked lol...

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Since year 12, my teachers don't even check hw anymore or give us a lot of hw, but they do tell us to do something and then we go over it in a discussion the next day like what cosmic said. They just believe that if you don't do your own study, then it's your loss - tough shit pretty much lolz. But they do check our books every now and then.

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
the science faculty at my school is the most anal about handing things in etc. homework has to be handed it, which is understandable with properly completing off prac works and independant research tasks which they love giving us because they cant be bothered to teach us the content is class.

they keep a register of whos handed in what etc. at the end of completing chem last year the week before the HSC i had my teacher asking me for worksheets to be handed in that we received back in like term one! bit crazy if you ask me...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)