• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

N-Awards (1 Viewer)

mattsta

hahaha
HSC
Should N-Awards be used more often when it comes to disrespectful students who constantly disrupt classes? In my opinion, they should be used. A three strikes and your out policy should be in place.

N-Awards shouldn't be handed out for low achievers, because there is a chance they could improve. But for disrespectful/disruptive students I think they should.

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
mm.. its for incomplete work?

i got warnings for not completing my workplacement
cos the stupid teacher never gave us the list until it was too late.

mattsta

hahaha
HSC
The HSC is not compulsary and therefore I don't think the schools/TAFE's should have to keep students who cant behave themselves. And yes it happens at TAFE's as well, disruptive students and they allow it.

The students have to learn clear boundaries that exist in this world. If you cant follow the code of conduct, you get FIRED just like you would as an employee of a business.

Employee's at a business get three warnings before they get fired, and this should be the same at schools/TAFE's. Three strikes and your gone, expelled.

Its all good and well to say that these students will get crap marks, but what about the other students who cannot learn in class because the teacher is unable to teach because they are having to discipline these poorly behaved students?

Scanorama

HSC
N-award is only given for those who has refused to hand in their assessment. Before you actually get one, you will get at least 2 warning letters and this provides you sufficient time to start the assessment and finish it .

The Physics teacher we had last year (Year 11) threatened us if our half-yearly mark is below 40%, she will give us N-award. Our class were outrages about her shocking threat, so we went up to the head teacher and took him a while to assure us noone in the class will get N-award because of the performances. The teacher didn't even teach us a thing during Year 11, almost everyone failed in the class except for 1.

I do agree the school should kick people out for not trying. Seriously some people are obviously do not bother to try and the school knows about it. They fail every single assessment with a ridiculous low mark and yet noone ever try to kick them out and they are the one who drag our marks down.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
wait a minute if a person whos doing the hsc and isnt going for a uai does shit, does he/she drag down every1 else's marks who are wanting a uai in the year?

Scanorama

HSC
thejosiekiller said:
wait a minute if a person whos doing the hsc and isnt going for a uai does shit, does he/she drag down every1 else's marks who are wanting a uai in the year?
Yes people who do crap in the HSC will drag others mark down regardless they are getting UAI or not. I think the only case they won't drag other peoples mark down is when they are doing life skills courses, correct me if im wrong.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
They won't affect you that badly as long as they are consistent, if they put in effort throughout the year then none at the HSC then not so good for you.

mattsta

hahaha
HSC
Gough Whitlam said:
I do agree the school should kick people out for not trying. Seriously some people are obviously do not bother to try and the school knows about it. They fail every single assessment with a ridiculous low mark and yet noone ever try to kick them out and they are the one who drag our marks down.
Today I saw a grade 11 (or now HSC) student who had one of those discipline cards that get handed to teachers. I think that is shocking that someone who is going into year 12 next year (or this year depending on how you put it) has something that is given to naughty grade 7 students.

Do they have no shame at all? I personally couldn't care less if they scored 0% or 100% in assessments. If you are disrespectful and disruptive in the classes you attend, you should be kicked out. Other people shouldn't have to suffer poor marks because some students like to take most of the teachers time up disciplining them.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Schools like the smart students to make their school look good. It's the same with sports people. They can get away with near anything sometimes.

Ah well, such is the egaltarian society.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)