• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

NAB student territory loan (1 Viewer)

trackydacks

HSC
N/A
Hi,

I'm in desperate need of a loan to buy a car after my lying father has completely left me in the dust after inviting himself to help me out by telling me he was going to lend me the money so I wouldn't have to make bank repayments, then he was going to purchase a car off a friend of a friend... Argh. Anyway, basically. The entire thing has back fired.

When I was FIRST thinking about applying for a loan which was 3 months ago or probably more. I was looking at NAB student territory loan.

This is a link if anyone wants to check it out

NAB - FAQs - Tertiary Student Package Deferred Repayment Loan

I've rung up a few times but each time I got told to come in for an interview.

Has ANYONE on here applied for this loan?

I know absolutely nothing about loans or money really. I was working part time last year for 10 months doing CASH IN HAND work (fruit picking, packing boxes)

Right now I am NOT working because I plan to study for a year full time. I may get a weekend job but unsure right now.

I have no credit history. Never owned a credit card. I have no debts.

If applying for this loan I'll be having a guarantor. But this person keeps telling me they have a bad credit rating but will still put their name down for me. I have no one else who I can ask.

I'm not sure if I'm living in some deluded NAB bright lights fantasy land by asking... WILL I NOT HAVE TO MAKE ANY REPAYMENTS UNTIL I GAIN WORK? Which will probably be next year (full time decent wage earning work)

I don't have any assets either. Also, I have a learners permit and I can drive.. Have the test on the 8th Feb for my P's. My study begins on the 8th. I'm assuming by me not having a licence.. It will work against me as well?

Argh, anyway any ADVICE would be really really appreciated right now. I am stressing out a lot about my future. Everything was planned and sorted but now it seems to be getting messed up.

Thank you for taking the time to read this

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
I'm not sure if I'm living in some deluded NAB bright lights fantasy land by asking... WILL I NOT HAVE TO MAKE ANY REPAYMENTS UNTIL I GAIN WORK? Which will probably be next year (full time decent wage earning work)
Yes, that is correct.

I don't have any assets either. Also, I have a learners permit and I can drive.. Have the test on the 8th Feb for my P's. My study begins on the 8th. I'm assuming by me not having a licence.. It will work against me as well?
Licence should not matter. The loan is not a car loan.

If you have savings and tax records from a previous job, try to say your cash in hand earnings were from your previous job.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)