Nature of a Movement (1 Viewer)

Fettucine

HSC
In history, when a question states: describe the "nature" of an independence movement, how should I respond?
Thanks !

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Hello, I didn't do History but I thought I'd include some tips on how you could go about answering this question.

I think it would be a good idea to start by breaking the question down and analysing it in terms of its key words. NESA defines "describe" as providing characteristics and features. This means that you will likely need to explain the independence movement, including what an independence movement is, how it was executed and achieved (if applicable).

The word "nature" seems like an emphasis on a thorough explanation of all elements that are relevant to an independence movement.

Of course, "independence movement" is the part of the question that is concerned with the actual content to be included and elaborated on in your response. Ensure you include as much relevant content to the question as possible in order to maximise your marks while also making sure that relevant research/case study material is utilised to effectively utilised to support your response (if applicable).

Whether the question is a short-answer one or an essay/extended response one will determine the extent to which you will need to elaborate on relevant content in order to answer the question to a high standard.

I hope this helps! 😄

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)