• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

ne kno where to find exemplar essays (1 Viewer)

cmaddogz

Maddogz Productions
HSC
Originally posted by missy_meow
i need help bad...ne one have an exemplar essay on australian contemporary theatre...:confused:
did the site work? sometimes it doesnt work for me

Binky

A rough transcript: as you will find the writing really difficult to read
note, i left stuff out that wasn't relevant to me so if you're doing that other contemporary australian one about garys place or whatever its called please go back over it lol
this is mostly 7 stages of grieving:

Australian plays make use of everyday situations and issues in order to explore significant experiences of living in this country and to define who we are as people. They do this for making food use of particular theatrical techniques and styles in order to both entertain and challenge the perceptions of the audience. This characteristic of Australian drama may be effectively seen in 7 Stages by Wesley Enoch and Deborah Mailman. These uniquely Australian plays outline such styles and techniques as episodic
highly presentational styles, traditional and modern media such as storytelling and image protection, as well as interesting and symbolic set design. Through these styles and techniques, the plays are able to make ordinary situations and issues more interesting, and to entertain and challenge their audiences, in the exploration of our uniquely Australian society (funny that its uniquely Australian???)

Additionally, Enoch and Mailmans 7 Stages is able to explore significant challenges and issues of living in our country. to their purposes, is to reveal the complex nature of Aboriginal culture, and rectify the common white misunderstanding of their culture. Enoch and Mailman demonstrate the destructive treatment of the Aboriginal people in the past. Invasion Poem Another washed his face in my blood and also in Mugsho they saw he didnt have a pulse.
are able to explore the loss of Aboriginal culture, and of the family structure, such as in Home Story where piles of dirt are used to emphasise the Aboriginal connection with the land. Reconciliation is also effectively dealt with through the play as in the inspirational March
Stand up comedy as in Murri gets a dress you know when you wake up one morning and youre black??
Play also makes heavy use of symbolism, both in the set, including the suspended block of ice to represent tears and emotional coldness, and the suitcase to represent movement of culture and memories;
Satirical: 1778; piece of theatre which both entertains and challenges white perceptions of Aboriginality.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)