• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

ne1 work in a bottleshop? (1 Viewer)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Does anybody here work in a bottleshop?

I do. (woolworths liquor)

share ur stories?

i get scared sometimes checking ID's when the people look scary, and estimating ages of women is hard?!

I hate it when customers get mad wen something isnt in stock, like we have limitless supplies, or when they ask me to get stuff for them, hello, it's right there on the shelf...

..the worst is advice on wine...thats scary

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
buy 19 drinks, get the 20th free.

Richiee

Neutral Member
HSC
N/A
townie said:
Does anybody here work in a bottleshop?

I do. (woolworths liquor)

share ur stories?

i get scared sometimes checking ID's when the people look scary, and estimating ages of women is hard?!

I hate it when customers get mad wen something isnt in stock, like we have limitless supplies, or when they ask me to get stuff for them, hello, it's right there on the shelf...

..the worst is advice on wine...thats scary
I like the sound of that job, did you start working their straight away or were u already working with woolworths and transfered to the bottleshop

and also how much do you get paid

Last edited:

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
started working straight away...i get paid $12.1875 per hour (18 y.o. non-probation casual rate).

u need an RSA, and obviously to be 18....and u undergo normal checkout operator training, then further liquor training (basically just learning a few lil tricks about making sales quicker, and shadow cards, and store layout which u NEED to know for all the customers asking where is the shiraz/merlot/chardonay/etc.)

it's also not all serving customers...i work in a smaller store, so there's no nightfill, so i have to fill shelves, face the store (i.e. make it look fuller than it actually is) and fill the fridges.

my other final advice is, if u shud get a job in a bottleshop...look at what brands are popular, because u cant possibly try every bottle of wine in the store, and customers will ask for recomendations, thus, i usually recommend the popular brands e.g. for sparking i almost always recommend either Yellowglen 'Yellow' or Orlando Jacob's Creek 'Sparkling Pinot Noir Chardonay'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)