• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Need advice (1 Viewer)

jannny

HSC
Hey,

so I got two jobs right.. both casual ones. My first job, I enjoy it more and I get paid 19 bucks. My second job I get paid 16 bucks. Now I'm mainly working for my first job, and my plan is to work on my second job on my day-offs from the first job.

Now, say today is tuesday and I am rostered on my second job, and then I got called in to work for my first job.. obviously I really want to work for the first job since more pay and I enjoy it more. So I'll just call in sick. But my second job might get pissed, but my question is can they sack me if I keep doing this? what is a good time to notice employers that you're unavailable?

By the way my second job is big w, which is woolies.

HSC
jannny said:
Hey,

so I got two jobs right.. both casual ones. My first job, I enjoy it more and I get paid 19 bucks. My second job I get paid 16 bucks. Now I'm mainly working for my first job, and my plan is to work on my second job on my day-offs from the first job.

Now, say today is tuesday and I am rostered on my second job, and then I got called in to work for my first job.. obviously I really want to work for the first job since more pay and I enjoy it more. So I'll just call in sick. But my second job might get pissed, but my question is can they sack me if I keep doing this? what is a good time to notice employers that you're unavailable?

By the way my second job is big w, which is woolies.
You probably won't get fired, but they may stop giving you shifts if you prove to be unreliable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)