need advice... (1 Viewer)

HSC
i've just finished the hsc and my parents are really bugging me to look for a job. But I'm going to go overseas on the 6th of december for about a month...so would you recommend me to find a job before i go overseas (meaning that i'll work for only around a month)?

Sasky

HSC
The employer will ask u if u will be going on any holidays in the near future. If u say yes, u will have to specify and it is up to them whether or not they will still hire u.
Some may, some wont, especially considering it is only a month or furthermore considering it will be Christmas.

You could consider a job as a casual to bring in the bucks, they might be more lenient to the situation. But u never know, so go along to as many interviews as u can and see what they'll say.
Besides, if thyey're still interested in a month or so when u return, they might even call u back! :)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i totally agree. you may as well try if you really want a job, but many places won't be bothered to hire you because they can get other people who will be there all holidays.

_Bushra_

wtf?!
Hoping to befriend somebody nice at club MQ *freak
HSC
+GriM ReApeR+ said:
i've just finished the hsc and my parents are really bugging me to look for a job. But I'm going to go overseas on the 6th of december for about a month...so would you recommend me to find a job before i go overseas (meaning that i'll work for only around a month)?
yeah this is what exactly happened to me. in the interview i was like you know im going overseas soon so i will have to take some time off maybe about three months or so and the person who was interviewing me was like yeah thats cool.

when i actually put in my leave form, three managers encircled me and were like HELLO! you have only actually worked here for about 2 weeks! (it was xmas time too) i got heaps shitty and left anyway but when they realised i had notified them about my circumstances before they were all okay with it.

sooooo.....:D just tell them before you actually get the job and if they are cool with it then there isnt a problem

meh, i have to do a hsitory asessment

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)