• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Need guidance with choosing units for Commerce / Science(Advanced Math) (1 Viewer)

sleepyair

HSC
Okay, I seem to get the gist of it, I need to do 24 units each semester, so 4 subjects each. I'm planning to do the 3 core business ones and SCIF1121. I'm still unsure on what to do with the flexible core courses though. Help would be appreciated!

For the flexible core courses, I don't know which 4 out of the list would be most useful in first semester:

ACCT1511 Accounting & Financial Mgt 1B (6 UOC)
COMM1000 Creating Social Change (6 UOC)
ECON1102 Macroeconomics 1 (6 UOC)
FINS1613 Business Finance (6 UOC)
INFS1602 Info Systems in Business (6 UOC)
MARK1012 Marketing Fundamentals (6 UOC)
MGMT1101 Global Business Environment (6 UOC)
TABL1710 Business and the Law (6 UOC)

Also, I have to pick 1 major in the Bachelor of Science (Advanced Mathematics) program out of 5 (does it matter what I pick?):

Applied Mathematics;
High Performance Student Stream;
Pure Mathematics;
Quantitative Risk*;
Advanced Statistics.

Last edited:

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
Which major you pick matters a lot. A major in Applied Maths is different to a major in Pure Maths, etc. Different majors mean you choose different subjects, so choose the major that sounds most appealing to you.

kalstar

swag
HSC
Uni Grad
For the Comm subjects - depends on what you're interested in.. look up the courses and have a look at what they teach.

And yes, picking your major is kind of like choosing your first car.. except it stays with you for 5 years. Choose wisely.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)