• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Need help and advice (1 Viewer)

Tabris

HSC
I missed out USYD Eco by 0.15 UAI, I heard that u can still apply for it because it may lower after main round, so u have to wait till late round.

But i have B Bus (KG) UTS as 2nd pref (87.05 cut off) which i have a good chance of doing it but i really prefer USYD eco

If i wait till late round (maybe final) for the possible opportunity to get into USYD and gets refused, and UTS B Bus (KG) has no more vacancies, then i missed out on both pref?

Having said that, is this risk very possible?

Can i still apply for B Bus (KG) at UTS in the late round even though i chose to wait out on their main round?

-ta

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
u havent missed out on it yet.. you dont know till offers are made.
the uai you are looking at was last yrs so it may change

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
i hate to say it but in the late and final rounds the UAI cut off's usually rise...
b. econ at usyd main round: 91.50
b. econ at usyd late round: 92.15

do what natstar said and put what you really want to do at the top of the list...
you can also change your preferences between the rounds...

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
yeah its pretty rare for cut offs to decrease in the late and final rounds.

You can put the Usyd degree first on your prefs, and the UTS degree second, and then you will probably get an offer for UTS.

You need to accept that offer, because you dont want to miss out altogether, but you can still leave the USyd degree as your first pref, and you will still be considered in the late rounds even if you have accepted the UTS offer.

ALWAYS ACCEPT AN OFFER!!!! dont rely on getting a late round offer! or you might miss out on a spot at uni alltogether!

EVEN IF you accept an offer that is a 2nd or 3rd pref, you can still be considered for your first pref in late rounds.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Mambomeg said:
EVEN IF you accept an offer that is a 2nd or 3rd pref, you can still be considered for your first pref in late rounds.
Just to reiterate, that's VERY important!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)