• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Need help for skills (1 Viewer)

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
C mon, I know there are not many people browsing at this forum unlike the sciences ones or sth. But hey, why not start something here so this forum would be more lively~

Anyway let's make this thread a "help" thread, lemme start with my question on skills...

What are "Aspect" and "slight lines between 2 points"?

Half yearlys are coming so I'm sure us geographers should help each other and go through this =)

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
1)aspect is which direction is that particular slope facing.

2)whilst slight of lines I think you meant line of sight.
usually a question would be If you were standing on top of MT Weewee GR 273647 would you be able to see MT Poo Poo at GR 394899?
and in the direct line you would have some elevations.

but i could be wrong.

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
Yay someone!
MT WeeWee..? Nice names there... :p
Hmm geog 1/2 yearly next week, any suggestions of what to study?
Do I basically have to know my definations back to front or sth?
cos there are so much to learn!

Nodice

HSC
Just learn the definitions that are relevant for your topic. They wont ask you, im pretty sure, in section 2/short answers "Define this" but instead will give you the definition questions in the multiple choice, so if you know it roughly i guess you could "grift" your way through. But then again, those definitions are useful to use for your essay if you can fit them in, so you might consider learning them thoroughly if youve got time.

Basically, for study, Id want to think about reading up on facts/statistics and all the important bits of information in the syllabus for case studies in your topic area eg statistics about the Amazon rainforest if your doing ecosys at risk, as well as learning the general skills. Do some examples of VE, gradient, synoptic charts, photo interp etc.

My 2 dice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)