• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Need help for three questions (1 Viewer)

integral95

HSC
Q6 you're solving sinx = +-(1/root2)

Q7 limiting sum question with 3/5 as the ratio (also be wary of the 2 in the front)

Q8 PUQ and PRT are similar triangles, use that to find the length x (i.e UT) and add 8 and 6 to get PS

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Q6 you're solving sinx = +-(1/root2)

Q7 limiting sum question with 3/5 as the ratio (also be wary of the 2 in the front)

Q8 PUQ and PRT are similar triangles, use that to find the length x (i.e UT) and add 8 and 6 to get PS
For Q8, is it 8/4 = (8 + x)/(4+16)?

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
(8/4) = (20/8+x)
Why is it like that though? Because I done left side for small triangle over right side for small triangle = left side for big triangle over right side for big triangle, I mean yeah you're way gets the right answer but what if I didn't know the correct answer? How would I know whether to use mine or yours?

rand_althor

HSC
Why is it like that though? Because I done left side for small triangle over right side for small triangle = left side for big triangle over right side for big triangle, I mean yeah you're way gets the right answer but what if I didn't know the correct answer? How would I know whether to use mine or yours?
Make sure the equal angles are in the same place. It might help if you draw them separately like so:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)