• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Need help in handling parents and my school work. (1 Viewer)

the_one_1

HSC
Once I have entered my HSC year my life has become a complete wreck. My parents are all the time telling me to study but I am doing my assignments. Due to doing most of my assignments on the computer they always think i'm on Facebook. I'm not sure what to do, I tell them nicely that i'm doing my assignments and school work but they always say i'm not doing my assignments and always on Facebook. Now with my parents non-stop telling me to do my work, i've just given up on doing my homework to do my assignments (when my parents think i'm on Facebook) and revision on the subjects they have been telling me to do. Now I have a tone of Food Technology homework to complete and not enough time to do it in when trying to keep my parents happy and doing my revision. This has now made me into a wreck that i'm now sitting in my bathroom with the door locked and crying because i'm not sure what to do cause I have no one to help me. Sometimes I get the feeling that if I get a girlfriend, I will be at her house helping her and getting help in my assignments, projects and homework.

So what can I do. My life is stuffed up and my parents have been threatening to remove the internet all together because they think i'm always on Facebook and not doing my school work. Please help me. :cry:

Chubbeh

HSC
And if it's only Facebook they're concerned about, you can ask them to change the password themselves so they know you won't be on it.

the_one_1

HSC
getting a girlfriend for the sake of getting homework help is NOT the answer.

Maybe if you draw up a study chart so your parents can see when you're studying and what, they will leave you alone (remember to include study breaks, and perhaps you can use this time to go on fb). Alternately, deactivate your fb so there's no way you can use it. Show your parents you doing this. You will live without facebook, I promise. And you can always get it back again after exams.
my parents told me they don't want me to deactivate my Facebook and i've been threatening to actually do it. I even showed them the page and was about to deactivate it and they said no. What can i do with that then. :cry:

SuperMike96

HSC
I'm in a similar position, probably not as bad though. I study pretty hard but I only complete homework when I have enough time to satisfactorily complete revision and assignments as well. This led to my old-school father (who only sees the comment on the report, not the mark) having a freak out after the half yearly reports. He is pretty much forcing me to do hw, which means I don't revise properly as much. This year is a shit year. They say it is about balancing schoolwork, parents opinions, exercise,social life, and sleep. However, it seems you are only able to pick two of these options. Anyway, I would advise you to sit down and explain to your parents what you do online. If Facebook is a major issue for them then consider deactivating it for a while? You seem overly stressed at the moment, I have been there a few times this year. When I get overly stressed I find exercise really helps. This might not work for you but it is worth a try. Maybe if you are a musician music will work for you? Another option is talking to a teacher you can identify with. Teachers seem like pricks, but they have a lot of experience. They may be able to give you better advice than I can :)

zmccu3

HSC
Stop caring what your parents think. Ultimately it is you and only you who has control over your life. Your parents may punish you, but honestly, in the long run an unhealthy obsession with what your parents think about you is going to be detrimental to you.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Tell your parents how you feel! Don't bottle it up and constantly get beaten down?!

omgiloverice

HSC
My best advice is to ask one of your teachers, to call your parents and tell them that using the computer is important for research assignments and homework. Surely they have enough reason to accept that.

kalstar

swag
HSC
Uni Grad
There is something wrong with your parents... lol.

Anyways, maybe try to do your work at the library or something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)