Need Help on BComm-Accountin/B Applied Finance (1 Viewer)

Simply_Da_Best

Hey Guys I was just wonderin whether i could do
Bcomm-Accg/ B applied Finance at Mq uni and be accredited by
the Institute of Chartered Accountants because
in the CA website it says that we can only do
Bcomm-accg or Bcomm-accg/law to be accredited.
Also, is the Bcomm-Accg/ B applieed Finance degree easier to do than an actuary degree.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
i've always thought that they accg/app fin degree was accredited by the ICAA :confused:

as for your last comment, yes anything is easier than an atuary degree, well maybe with the exception of law. but it basically depends on the kind of person you are. if you are a mathematically competant person, then actuary might not be the hardest thing you can do.

but specifically, i'd say actuary is harder than accg/app fin

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
i would think so cos you graduate with both degrees so i dunno why you wouldn't be able to be accredited with ICAA...
its hard to say if its easier or not..cos i haven't done both to compare..but it depends on what you like to do i guess....

sorry i wasn't much help i guess

ReaveR

HSC
Where's this website?
I remember in the UAC guide it said double Comm - Accg/AppFin was accredited, but the single degree of Comm - Accg and Applied finance wasn't.

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
i went to the open day 2day...wel....with accounting (single degree) u will get tat CPA/CA stuff too... or Accounting/Finance~~ or Accounting/Law..... or Accounting/BBA...so as long as it's a degree major in accounting u well get tat cpa stuff....hope i'm rite~~

epsilon

HSC
ReaveR said:
Where's this website?
I remember in the UAC guide it said double Comm - Accg/AppFin was accredited, but the single degree of Comm - Accg and Applied finance wasn't.
What the...??? Hey guys, don't give me suprises like this this late! There's only liek 1.2 days left before my preferences are locked in and you come up with a bombshell like this? :eek: Proof! Proof! Proof!

But I'm pretty sure that both the combined degree of B. Comm - Accounting/B. Applied Finance and just B. Comm- Accounting are both accredited by the CPA and CA. B. Comm - Accounting is accounting through and through, for god's sake!

Anyway, I'm planning in becoming an accountant and I've put B. Comm - Accounting before the double degrees with it. Somebody plz warn me if I'm gravely mistaken.

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
Sweet_Lemon said:
i went to the open day 2day...wel....with accounting (single degree) u will get tat CPA/CA stuff too... or Accounting/Finance~~ or Accounting/Law..... or Accounting/BBA...so as long as it's a degree major in accounting u well get tat cpa stuff....hope i'm rite~~
Yes, thats right, the accredited degree "Comm-accounting", combined with anything.
But NOT, "B Commerce, majoring in Accounting and Finance"

epsilon

HSC
Grizzly said:
Yes, thats right, the accredited degree "Comm-accounting", combined with anything.

Macq is weird. For other unis, if u do B. Comm and u major in accounting, your degree will be recognised by the CPA.

ReaveR

HSC
Grizzly said:
That's what I meant. Rereading my post it looks like two seperate degrees but I meant B Comm in Accounting and Finance. This one isn't accredited.

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
ReaveR said:
That's what I meant. Rereading my post it looks like two seperate degrees but I meant B Comm in Accounting and Finance. This one isn't accredited.
lol, yup, thats it ;)

epsilon

HSC
In Macq, if you just do B. Comm, you don't get the option of majoring in accounting, unless you get a certain GPA in your 1st year and transfer into B. Comm - Accounting.

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
wat de.....so if i choose b fin/b accounting.... i won't get tat CPA/CA stuff??????? WHY? it's major in ACCOUNTING~

ReaveR

HSC
Nah nah B Fin/B Com Accg is accredited.
Single degree of B Comm in Accouting and Finance is not accredited.

*hopeful*

HSC
epsilon said:
In Macq, if you just do B. Comm, you don't get the option of majoring in accounting, unless you get a certain GPA in your 1st year and transfer into B. Comm - Accounting.
yep thats rite, and the uai to do b comm-accg is higher than b comm

ReaveR

HSC
B Comm - Accounting and "B Comm in Accounting and Finance" are different.

Simply_Da_Best

hey thankx ppl. That really helped me a lot
cauz i was scared for a moment thinkin
that i couldnt do bcomm-accg/b applied finance
to be accredited by institute of CA. Thankx once again

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
soo....correct it...
B App Fin/B Com-ACC (2degrees) is accredited...
B Com - Finance + accounting (1degree, 2 majors?) is not Acrredited...RITE???????
Coz it's kinda confusing!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)