need help on CompEng/Commerce !!! (1 Viewer)

ace

is retired
HSC
ymj said:
okay some questions about enrolling:

what does this mean:
<table cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr><td class="bsktData" align="right" width="12%">Wed</td> <td class="bsktData" align="right" width="28%">9:00 am -</td> <td class="bsktData" align="right" width="23%">10:00 am </td> <td class="bsktData" align="left"> (Odd Week)</td> </tr> </tbody> </table> KENS

odd weeks? usually it says weekly, somebody please clarify.

and for the CSE Elective, i have to choose a GenEd right? any GenEd?

thanks
Just means that class runs in every odd week. I.e. 1,3,5,7.... (you get the idea).

MATH2400 was kind of like that, the tutes ran every odd(or was it even, can't remember now) week, and the other week (odd/even) was a lecture.

Think of it this way, more time for you to do other things during your even weeks :)

ymj

HSC
sweeeeet, so i dont come for the lecture during even weeks, awesome!

thanks

and any thing about the GenEds?

ace

is retired
HSC
ymj said:
sweeeeet, so i dont come for the lecture during even weeks, awesome!

thanks

and any thing about the GenEds?
Since your doing CompEng/Commerce, you don't do geneds. If you want to do a gened that is up to you, but it will be non-award (Non-award is taking a subject that contributes to no degree requirement, basically you'd take a subject non-award out of interest or to fufill some organisational requirement, like wanting to join an accrediated industry institution. For example, wanting to become a CA if you were doing accounting)

Also remember, you'll see things about years and stages and so forth. That stuff is technically irrelevant. You can do any course at any time, given you've satisfied pre-requisties and the course is actually running. You don't have to follow any suggested (take course xyz now, then ghz later) guidelines. As long as by the end of your degree, you've completed the necessary courses as prescribed in the degree requirements.

Cheers

Last edited:

ymj

HSC
oh i see...thanks for reminding me.
so according to http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/undergrad...OMPB13715.html
i have to choose a cse elective...not a gened.:mad1:

hmm, is there a link that shows all the cse elective you can do? i cant find it...

also confirming on that i need to enrol for both S1 and S2 courses right?

if so, what courses do i start off with the Commerce part if i want to do actuarial studies or is it you all do the same courses for first year commerce?

thanks for all the help, really appreciated:)
jimmy

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
Read the thread, first page again, I've already given you advice on doing Actuarial studies.

ymj

HSC
ah thanks!
yeah i want to try to do it...
so i sent a mail to fce regarding the 1x31 question, hopefully get a reply soon.
thanks again

ace

is retired
HSC
ymj said:
oh i see...thanks for reminding me.
so according to http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/undergrad...OMPB13715.html
i have to choose a cse elective...not a gened.:mad1:

hmm, is there a link that shows all the cse elective you can do? i cant find it...

also confirming on that i need to enrol for both S1 and S2 courses right?

if so, what courses do i start off with the Commerce part if i want to do actuarial studies or is it you all do the same courses for first year commerce?

thanks for all the help, really appreciated:)
jimmy
Dude, I posted the links to the cse courses (and thus electives) only a few posts above this post. Sigh. To quote myself

ace said:
What about CSE electives?

If your wondering what is running this year, browse these links (and the handbook of course for pre/co-req info)
http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~nss/sitar/classes/COMP_S1.html
http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~nss/sitar/classes/COMP_S2.html
Please note, some degrees allow you to do other courses that are not necessarily COMP, like say doing ELEC of PHYS. But you'll have to check the requirements of your own degree to determine under what areas you are allowed to take electives in (which still fall under being called CSE electives). (I don't know where the link is to the comp eng requirements, I only know the links to the soft eng requirements. I suggest searching cse)

Cheers

Last edited:

ymj

HSC
ace said:
Dude, I posted the links to the cse courses (and thus electives) only a few posts above this post. Sigh. To quote myself

Please note, some degrees allow you to do other courses that are not necessarily COMP, like say doing ELEC of PHYS. But you'll have to check the requirements of your own degree to determine under what areas you are allowed to take electives in (which still fall under being called CSE electives). (I don't know where the link is to the comp eng requirements, I only know the links to the soft eng requirements. I suggest searching cse)

Cheers
lol sorry for all the trouble, so i guees this is the link for all comp eng electives?
http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/undergrad/programs/elective_CE.html
and if so, i can only pick a 3 unit from Group S, eg Math2400...

cheers

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
Honestly, not to sound unfriendly or to bad mouth you off or anything of that kind. But if you are interested in taking Actuarial studies you are going to have to learn to be independant and research yourself because doing any Actuarial course you will learn very quickly that no one is going to help you and will have to find things out for yourself. They don't spoonfeed and even if you ask for help with assignments, you are not going to get any. This is talking from experience. Only reason why I'm saying all this is because you keep asking the same questions and some very basic questions with all answers contained in the handbook. Good luck with it.

Last edited:

ymj

HSC
redslert said:
Honestly, not to sound unfriendly or to bad mouth you off or anything of that kind. But if you are interested in taking Actuarial studies you are going to have to learn to be independant and research yourself because doing any Actuarial course you will learn very quickly that no one is going to help you and will have to find things out for yourself. They don't spoonfeed and even if you ask for help with assignments, you are not going to get any. This is talking from experience. Only reason why I'm saying all this is because you keep asking the same questions and some very basic questions with all answers contained in the handbook. Good luck with it.
thanks buddy, sorry for all the trouble caused. i get what you mean, it is just near the re-enrolment deadline and i should of start my research sooner :)
thanks for all the help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)