• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Need help with maths question (1 Viewer)

Willll

HSC
Could someone help me do both parts of this question please?
1636795668912.png

5uckerberg

HSC
Okay, this question. Hmm sounds familiar if the union of a and b is then the intersection of the complement of A and B is just the cresent in B which can be found from the fact that the intersection of A and B is just and then to find the intersection of the complement of A and B we do

Part b is like this If A and B are mutually exclusive what happens is that suppose A and B are separate circles that do not touch what we have here is the complement of A is everything outside of A and the intersection of the complement of A and B is just B giving us

Willll

HSC
Okay, this question. Hmm sounds familiar if the union of a and b is then the intersection of the complement of A and B is just the cresent in B which can be found from the fact that the intersection of A and B is just and then to find the intersection of the complement of A and B we do

Part b is like this If A and B are mutually exclusive what happens is that suppose A and B are separate circles that do not touch what we have here is the complement of A is everything outside of A and the intersection of the complement of A and B is just B giving us
Would this help?

Part i):

View attachment 33657

Part ii):

View attachment 33658
ohh i understand now thanks :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)