Need help with my Che Guevara major project (1 Viewer)

Plaguesbread

HSC
N/A
I'm planning on doing the question
"Is Che Guevara a true revolutionary, or a popularized media icon? Discuss this historical debate"
Or something around that question

Does anybody have any good resources to start off with? Thanks everybody!

Catcha1112

HSC
The usual places: Uni library, state library, Jstor, Questia, etc. You should get leads from there and follow trails through bibliographical details. You need to throw the net as wide as possible. It's a good topic area though; you can easily substantiate your own theories on the extent to which his legacy has been shaped by the purposes(etc) of historians. With your question, your supervisor will probably suggest differences (noting however that you really just write the essay then write the question); Where everyone can go wrong, and with this essay is trying to find out if he is a true revolutionary. That doesn't matter. All that matters is how you explore how *insert relevant historiographical issue here*, etc. I'm probably preaching to the converted with my tip though. :)

will90211

HSC
It's not really even how you explore the histo. debate, it's more how the historians you choose come to formulate their views, and what impact that has on the topic. The history ext course is not learning the historians views on the topic.

For example... How has the academic context of historian A) effected their treatment of the issue and how does this differ with historian B)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)