need help with part c (1 Viewer)

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Essentially, scoring full marks on this question requires a response that explains both washing and drying. Based on this, here is a sample response that I believe may help:

This is a gravimetric analysis and requires accuracy. If you weigh the filter paper while it is still wet the result will be inaccurate because the mass of the precipitate will be inflated. Therefore it is essential to make sure that all the filter paper and precipitate are 100% dry. You must also wash the solution thoroughly to ensure that all the precipitate goes through to be collected, otherwise the recorded mass will not have all the precipitate recorded.

I hope this helps! :D

ekjchale#1

HSC
Essentially, scoring full marks on this question requires a response that explains both washing and drying. Based on this, here is a sample response that I believe may help:

This is a gravimetric analysis and requires accuracy. If you weigh the filter paper while it is still wet the result will be inaccurate because the mass of the precipitate will be inflated. Therefore it is essential to make sure that all the filter paper and precipitate are 100% dry. You must also wash the solution thoroughly to ensure that all the precipitate goes through to be collected, otherwise the recorded mass will not have all the precipitate recorded.

I hope this helps! :D
thanks a lot jimmy

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Yea but could you please let what the hand writing says? I’m having a hard time reading and understanding it
The written part reads:

Assume complete ionization (not entirely sure whether it says "ionization") of NaCl.

Freezing point of pure solvent.

No. of ions
(not entirely sure whether it says "ions") dissociated.

No. of ions dissociated.

I must admit that this person's handwriting is not the easiest to read but I hope that with your knowledge you may be able to determine exactly the missing/uncertain words.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)