NEED HELP with the studying for English SC (1 Viewer)

Mitchzmagic

HSC
Can someone tell me how I should be studying for the Yr 10 School Certificate for English? Thanks.

the leader

HSC
CREATIVE WRITING - think of the most wacked things to write about (I rambled on about amoebas for 2 and a half pages)

justbecause

icanhascheezburger
HSC
Language, most of the text will tell you to identify types of language. I.E written in first person, alliteration, personification etc.
Most of it is basically analysing when it comes to comprehensions with multiple choice.
They give you about 2 or so writing tasks. Most favourite is the letter writing. Just learn how to work with the structures of certain writing tasks: reports, letters, speeches etc.

In the School Certificate it is structure as:

30-50 multiple choice questions.
Short responses.
Extended reponses (Writing Tasks).

Rebecca1234

HSC
in yr 8 and 9 i always sucked at english but when it came to SC i studied and got 93 which was a band 6. I got past school papers and studied hard off of them. I also wrote in essay form, if you have no learnt how to write an essay as of yet, teach yourself and you will get good marks, learn puncuation and most of all language technique is one of the major things examiners look for, i wrote a whole list of all techniques and revised them over and over. Even making flash cards may help. Its up to u and how u study tho. But extended response which is usually marked out of 15 or 20 marks which is a large percentage of the paper, make sure you read the question at least 3 times and make sure when you answer the question, you refer back to the question to make sure your answering correctly. I hope i helped! Cheers!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)