• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Need Help (1 Viewer)

Moulieg

HSC
Discribe a disease in terms of its host response. What does this mean? I originally thought perhaps symptoms and that but my next question says Describe a disease in terms of its major symptoms. What do i describe for host response ??

Any help is much appreciated.
Moulieg

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
host response is more molecular based like.. HIV.. and T Cells interaction

symptoms are the subjective feelings the patient gets.. like feeling crap and chills.. usually a cytokine release related event..

ummm i dunno if the HSC syllabus differentiates between signs and symptoms.. .. cos a sign of AIDS would be development of kaposi sarcoma lesions..?

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
I think the question itself is not specific enough... It's ambiguous because I'm not sure whether it's asking about the host response in a disease, or a disease as a consequence of self-destruction due to a host response.

What do you think Point?

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
host response i guess its referring to perhaps the immune response?
specific/non-specific responses?

so i guess you have to talk about the production of B & T cells and what the disease causes in the hosts body ( like does it kill white bloodcells) and how the host responds to these biochemical chagnes?

but then again i get the feeling that this is not what your question is asking for...

Last edited:

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
A host response can implies a immune response, but soemtimes it is even broader than that. It may also imply physiological changes, like vasodilation etc.

kloudsurfer

HSC
Im doing aids too and I was uncertain on this one as well.

I just wrote about the immune response, and how the cytotoxic T cells destroy the infected T helper cells (which results in a loss of cellular immunity)...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)