need ideas for CREATIVE WRITING :( (1 Viewer)

queenhelen

HSC
creative writing is due in less than a week and i havnt started :(
any ideas for inner journeys would be helpful :)

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
lol dont you just love itwhen ppl dont answer

mines due tomorrow and no idea what to write :S

Lex152

HSC
Use your personal experience, I know these will be crap but here are some suggstons:

NYE, deciding upon a new years resolution... reflecting back on the past year and looking to the future... it's a bit loose but from my understanding of an inner journey it fits.

Overcoming some sort of barrier, a nervous kid reaching out or getting confident. Or just an exploration of some sort of scenery which adds to their understanding of life.

Somehow you have to develop the character, and show some sort of reflection. A progression of thoughts, but again this is my personal understanding of an inner journey

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
I'm sorry to say this but doesn't it sound a bit cliched? I mean, if you don't manipulate the plots well, you're gonna fall into the trap of 'losing identity': your essay is faint and not memorable.

How about taking the role of a child having parents who always fight? (sounds like those movies) Maybe just let him/her face all the lies and weird behaviours of the adults then make a cut to a few years later when he/she understands why people have to tell lies, how they have to deceive, who pushes each other to the non-face society... blah blah blah. (at least it's better than self-reflection that is precariously and surely dissolved)

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
dare to be different.

write from a place where many fear to tread. take a personal experience and unravel it slowly. you will be rewarded highly for not taking the safe road.

+1, don't be cliche.

if the markers are sitting there for hours at a time, reading the same story over and over again. what would they think if they come across your story? breath of fresh air? i'd say.

hammer69

HSC
hey guys ,, got my trials 2morrow still tryna figure out a creative writing idea,,
hopefully i can overcome that by using the NYE resolution that sounds heaps good,, just hope i dont get mind blank in the exam 2morrow

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)