need note on china coin (1 Viewer)

Illena

Jakarta (hee hee I'm not in Australia ^^)
HSC
better share it here
here it is:

- Leah's Changing perspective about Joan
In the beginning of the book, Leah found her mother (Joan) become a stranger she didn't know.
Quotes: " Joan was changing with every minute they spent in Guangzhou and it was starting to get frightening" (Chapter 2)
this is an inner voice of Leah's thought which convey her fear that she is alone in China because the mother she always knew had become a stranger, a "Chinese".
this condition keep going on when they went to Liang Tian (Good Field) that her mother now become a complete Chinese woman from an Australian Suburban woman
Quotes: "Joan Waters was now Ji Feng Hua, and Leah felt suddenly alone"
this is a narrative of third person (we don;t know who) which describe Leah's feeling of loneliness and alienation.
Everytime they move to one place, their relationship changing. In Shanghai, Leah confronted with Joan. Joan could not understand why Leah did not like China etc2.
Quote: "It was funny, Leah thought, how things changed everytime they moved. In Guangzhou Joan was a stranger, on the first train she was an ally, in Shanghai an enemy, in Wuhan a little girl with a Nightmare, in Chongquin a mother"
in the end we could conclude that she had found her mother

sowa

HSC
hey can you help me withe my chian coin eassy

noname2

HSC
can someone help to send all the notes for " THE CHINA COIN" to me too plsss phibulous@gmail.com THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!!
* EDITING : IT'S ABOUT DISCOVERY NOT BELONING !!!
BUT APPRECIATE FOR ALL YOURS HELP AND POST !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)