Need some clarification! (1 Viewer)

sims2lover

HSC
Im a year 11 student and is still in much doubt in what i should be. I really want to do something i enjoy and attracts a high income. My subjects i have chosen are English advanced, english extension, mathematics, maths extension, studies of religion 2 units, ancient history, physics, chemistry.

If you have any suggestions please reply.

Im considering to do something in medicine...

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
If you want a good income, Science is not for you. Go for medicine maybe?

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Haha I might have to correct this also.

If you're in for the money, Science isn't a great choice (unless you find the cure to AIDS or Cancer).

Same for Medicine. All if not most medical students apply for this profession purely on their interests and wants to help the community, etc. Yes you will be receiving at least $200 k per year even as a GP, but whether you have the time to spend this amount of money is another question. Not to mention the amount of family/social time you'll be forgoing after you've entered this field as a medical student, and as a doctor.

Also if you did apply for medicine purely on the basis of money, then you've got it completely wrong! :)

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
sims2lover said:
Im a year 11 student and is still in much doubt in what i should be. I really want to do something i enjoy and attracts a high income. My subjects i have chosen are English advanced, english extension, mathematics, maths extension, studies of religion 2 units, ancient history, physics, chemistry.

If you have any suggestions please reply.

Im considering to do something in medicine...
Ha, don't think of money when it comes to medicine. Do Commerce or Law or somthin like that if you want money and good job stability.

bubbly89

HSC
My cousin is involved in investment banking and woo... lets just say that he's 28 an recently has bought a 1.5 million dollar house in newmarket...

I suggest law/actuary or law/economics

Basically money is pretty good in medicine, but you can get it faster, easier and earlier in other areas.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)