Need some help with Robert Browning (1 Viewer)

Calisc

HSC
Hi.. i posted something about this on another thread but yeah :)

I was just wondering if anyone has any notes or essays or info on any of Robert Browning's selected poetry. I have an assessment coming up and my teacher hasnt really given us much on it, and i tried to analyze it myself but im not good at finding techniques etc. Any help would be much apprecaited ..

Thanks in advance
-Calisc

(Calisc007@hotmail.com)

Calisc

HSC
Techniques he uses to get his point across, What Browning is attempting to say (or critisize?) about his society and ofcourse his thoughts on the Role of the individual and society.
I know it sounds like alot and i probably sound stupid.. but our teacher basically gave us the poems, told us about Browning gave us some questions and thats it...

So yup.. any help and id really appreciate it :)

mrman

well each poem differs.

try to look at these pts in each

My last duchess: affectation and veneer of the upper classes, look at his dialouge how its broken up e.g enjambment parenthetical thoughts, elipses

just think about what sucks about each character , and thats pretty much the flaw brownings trying to criticise,

get it more now?

Calisc

HSC
Yes but i dont think i can base an assessment around two techniques... :( .. I was hoping someone had notes or some sort of essay or something on it

mrman

ohok yeh i have notes and an essays on his poetry, but i dont have a scanner.

Do you know the characteristics of dramatic monologue? those are pretty much all the techniques he uses in his poems

e.g parenthetical thoughts, conversational tone, imperative verbs(mood), enjabment, direct address, second person pronouns
there are alot, if u dont know the structure just tell me, ill give you a run down on it, then all the techniques in browning really become clear

Calisc

HSC
Heh.. If you could help me out that would be AWESOME..
just talk me through some of the techniques (i know about 15 already.. so im pretty set with that)

or more importantly, help me relate it to the individual and society (thats what im REALLY REALLY having trouble with).

Do you have icq, msn or anything? I know its asking alot.. but i could really use the help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)