• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Need some help (1 Viewer)

lilkatie

Ok I want to write my story in the following style: my character is retelling his story of how he ended up in his current position, but inbetween it will switch to italics, and will be him commenting on past events, but he does so with the knowledge he now has aquired. So he's reminissing and commenting on them!
Does anyone know of any books that are written in this style, or where i can get somem info on this tech?
In advance thankyou

HSC
N/A
Sounds postmodern and fragmented-ish. Tried Ondaatje, Margaret Atwood? Not sure about the researching bit though.

J

jhakka

Read The Farseer Trilogy by Robin Hobb. Even if you just read the first chapter of the first book Assassin's Apprentice, you'll get the idea. If you use that style, you could use the italics to give an intro to each chapter.

lilkatie

thanx thats the only one i've read so far which is slightly like what i want.
only i'm doing a political issue lol
any mor suggestions from people

fine ambiguity

almost there
HSC
Err... from just reading your description there, it reminds me a little of Peter Goldsworthy's 'Maestro'... it doesn't seperate the reflections with italics or anything, but the main character does reflect on the experiences nevertheless. Not to a large extent, either.

Well, I tried! LOL. I could be way off :) Good luck!

lilkatie

Hey atm anythings a help......as i sorta don't have a plot yet.....i'm very far behind hmmm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)