• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Need some tips for choosing subjects :( (1 Viewer)

skrunkl_e

HSC
Hey all, it's subject selection day and I'm planning to do 3u Maths, Chem & Bio, Economics, Japanese Continuers. I'm wanting to do a pharmacy degree in USYD but their recommended section says Physics but I'm not really interested or wanting to do it; but I'm also scared at the same time I'll be having a hard time if I get into the course.

Is it really worth sacrificing my soul for all 3 sciences and swapping out Japanese for it? Because I feel like the workload will be pretty unmanagable but I don't want to suffer in the future either.

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
Hey all, it's subject selection day and I'm planning to do 3u Maths, Chem & Bio, Economics, Japanese Continuers. I'm wanting to do a pharmacy degree in USYD but their recommended section says Physics but I'm not really interested or wanting to do it; but I'm also scared at the same time I'll be having a hard time if I get into the course.

Is it really worth sacrificing my soul for all 3 sciences and swapping out Japanese for it? Because I feel like the workload will be pretty unmanagable but I don't want to suffer in the future either.
recommended isn't the same as prerequisite / assumed knowledge; the former means that you need to have completed that hsc course (maybe to a sufficient level) to be able to be accepted and given an offer for a certain degree, the latter means they won't stop you from enrolling / being given an offer if you haven't done said hsc course, however the uni assumes you've done it so even though they most likely will cover some of that content in uni they'll zip through it. recommended means it would be nice if you did that hsc course but ultimately it's not needed and the uni course will teach the course content on the premise you've never done it as opposed to assumed knowledge. you don't need to take physics if it's just "recommended", so you can just keep your current selection :)

skrunkl_e

HSC
Thank you for the info ~ I guess I'll be learning some physics later on then 🥲🥲

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)