• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Needing help. (1 Viewer)

Wishforwings

HSC
Okay, so basically at my school all year 11 history classes have a new teacher who has very little experience behind him and he is taking us all through the HSC. The thing is, there is no structure in his lessons, he doesn't examine content well enough let alone teach it. So i was wondering if anyone could give me some websites / notes which could help for Archaeology to start with?
Basically, all ancient work done this year and next will have to be independent if we were serious about it.

thanks.

LordPc

HSC
thats too bad, ancient is a great subject if you have the right teacher

I think the Antiquity textbook will be enough for the entire prelim course. just pick out which prelim topics you want to study (eg, celts) and work through that section of the textbook, doing the questions on sources as you go.

prelim ancient was pretty smooth, I dont recall using any other source but the textbook and a few documentaries from the 90's, so you shouldnt need too many websites. Antiquity is plenty

Tulii

Like the sun will rise.
HSC
Man, I can really empathize with you.

I too had a wretched Ancient teacher in my prelim year.
We barely ever actually did work that was required from the syllabus. Take my advice, and don't treat the lesson as a bludge, your going to have to put effort into this subject. Load yourself up with text books, study guides and if your stumped with something in the course, DONT just skip it, if your teacher can't help go to another teacher or come here and ask the question.

I was lucky enough to have a teacher change when I went into year 12, and I have got back on track.

And remember the syllabus is your best friend, bring it to class and just do the work you need to do to meet the requirements.

Good luck,

Wishforwings

HSC
Thanks guys, i'll definitely do that.
it's just so hard when you have a teacher who doesn't know what they are doing lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)