• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Needing Some Advice! (1 Viewer)

simplefella

HSC
Hi, im currently in year 11 and hoping to do the following subjects in year 12 (2010), can someone tell me how well each of these subjects will scale:

English Advanced
English Extensions I
English Extension II
Visual Arts
Design & Technology
Vietnamese Continuers

Also, i'm not sure whether to drop down from 2U Mathematics to General or just drop it completly? I plan to go into Graphic Design..

lychnobity

HSC
Hi, im currently in year 11 and hoping to do the following subjects in year 12 (2010), can someone tell me how well each of these subjects will scale:

English Advanced
English Extensions I
English Extension II
Visual Arts
Design & Technology
Vietnamese Continuers

Also, i'm not sure whether to drop down from 2U Mathematics to General or just drop it completly? I plan to go into Graphic Design..
Art, D&T and Vietnamese Continuers are atrocious scaling subjects.

General is appalling in scaling terms as well.

imsopostmodern

cool as a kuhncumber
HSC
you should remember though that scaling isn't really a huge problem. if you want to go into graphic design, most courses aren't going to require a 95+ ATAR, which are more the results where scaling plays a larger role.

you'd be better off doing subjects you're prepared to put the work into, rather than ones that you think will scale highly. if you dont want to do maths and wont feel any motivation to succeed in it, you should drop it.

HSC

English Advanced
English Extensions I
English Extension II
Visual Arts
Design & Technology
Vietnamese Continuers

you should definitely keep maths if you wanna get into Graphic Design, but the rest of the subjects you picked are pretty good though.

bettina44

HSC
i wouldn't really worry too much about scaling, it was the last thing i cared about when i chose my subs. it shouldn't affect you too much if you're doing fairly well in art/dt.

Chibios

is totally a-MUSE-d!
HSC
Vietnamese Continuers, Arts and DT have horrible scaling.

If you wanted to do subjects with high scaling, I suggest MX2 and Latin Ext.

But seriously, even if you do a high scaling subject, if you do crap in it you will still get a crap mark overall. Scaling only works to your advantage if you top it.

EX2 is very subjective in terms of subject material, it depends on the marker you get to mark your Major Work and whether or not they agree with your subject matter.

Hope this helped =D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)