• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Negative rep from a non-mod/admin (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Recently I recieved some neg rep, what I found strange was that it was from a junior member with only 50 or so posts. As far as I knew only mods and admin could give neg rep, so like wtf?

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
I cant remember whether it went down, the box looks purple to me.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
addymac said:
I cant remember whether it went down, the box looks purple to me.
That isn't a neg rep. The box is grey, read the FAQ about them.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
The "purple" box simply means that rep was given but it didnt actually add anything to your rep points.

Cooleroo

Banned
HSC
i gave him a rep and he Pmed me asking why it was negative, lol

its grey, its not green because noone has repped me yet so basically my opinions count for nothing.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Btw it only kinda looks purple beacuse everything around the box is purple. Eyes playing tricks on you. :)

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Deus said:
Btw it only kinda looks purple beacuse everything around the box is purple. Eyes playing tricks on you. :)
Yeah thats true I just went back to check my reps, and a grey "null" rep looks slightly purple

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
actually its only when you have gained more than 50 posts that you can acutally give a proper rep out.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Yes, he is.

Cooleroo said:
its grey, its not green because noone has repped me yet so basically my opinions count for nothing.
That's not true. It's just that people haven't repped you much and you have less than 50 posts. The last thing I would do is call this system a measure of how much your opinions count.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Slide Rule said:
Yes, he is.

That's not true. It's just that people haven't repped you much and you have less than 50 posts. The last thing I would do is call this system a measure of how much your opinions count.
Nah, I think it's a good representation of how my opinions are more improtant than 99% of this board's.

HSC
Logically, don't you think it's fair that grey boxes become green when the member has got enough posts?

Cause that doesn't seem to be the case, i just looked and i have quite a few grey boxes from waaaay back.

sunny

meh.
HSC
whiterabbit said:
Logically, don't you think it's fair that grey boxes become green when the member has got enough posts?

Cause that doesn't seem to be the case, i just looked and i have quite a few grey boxes from waaaay back.
Then it would also imply that whenever a member earns an extra box, any rep that they have ever given in the past should be updated to be worth more. That would cause too much strain on any server.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
sunny said:
Then it would also imply that whenever a member earns an extra box, any rep that they have ever given in the past should be updated to be worth more. That would cause too much strain on any server.
Not necessarily, i think that it should only be like that for ppl that rep when there reps are "grey", so that they become active when the repper has met the requirements for their reps to be valid. If you catch my drift

sunny

meh.
HSC
Korn said:
Not necessarily, i think that it should only be like that for ppl that rep when there reps are "grey", so that they become active when the repper has met the requirements for their reps to be valid. If you catch my drift
Still, any kind of reverse update like that would cause server strain - the software just wasn't designed to work that way. Imagine when the repper becomes "qualified": the system would have to search all reps ever made by that repper and update those reppees, and any reppee that was repped would have to be checked whether they have become qualified by that change, and then any reppee of those reppees would have to be searched....you get the drift.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)