Nelson Mandela (1 Viewer)

be-LIE-ve

HSC
Hello all.

I am a Year 12 student doing Extension History this year, and for my major project i am focusing on Nelson Mandela. I am a respectable way into collecting information and trying to work out what i need, but i have two particular issues at hand.

- My teacher has requested that i iron out my question and make it more specific.
- I was unsure of how to get broader resources in order to get more than 1 side of a story.

Concerning my question, it currently stands:

"Compare the competing views of Nelson Mandela & consider how recent events have shaped his reputation."

My teacher would like the question to be more of a debate, eg - "Nelson Mandela: The Good Terrorist?". This leaves me to wonder what time period i will be focusing on. I want to put emphasis on his recent life since being released from prison, but i would still need to cover his early years. Do you guys think having the big gap would be a big downfall for my essay?

The other question is simple - i was just wondering if any of you have experience studying Mandela, and could help point me in the right direction. I was after some resources from people who have rivaled him, people who didn't follow his ideas of getting rid of Apartheid. To help create the debate ;)

Thankyou everyone, the help is appreciated. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)