• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Nerves. (1 Viewer)

PorkkChop

HSC
Okay so I've started my job and at first it was great, it was new and challenging and exciting.

It took me a while to get the hang of it but I'm a lot better now.

Usually I'd work from 3 - 5 in the afternoon and I've come to a point where im relatively comfortable working the night shift by myself.

The head receptionists decided to get me to do day work to get the hang of all the calls. Although that did help, I could not stop the nerves. I couldnt even stop and take a breathe because I was afraid someone would call and I'd forget everything. I was so nervous I became physically ill and thought i was going to be sick.

I'm absolutely dreading my next shift on friday from 10 am till 12 like i did today and i have no idea how to deal with it.

I know its stupid but im more like the calm, quieter, works well independently type and i have the head receptionist next to me asking me questions while im talking to someone on the phone and have call after call after call continuously for 15 minutes.

If possible, could anyone give me tips to deal with it all better? Ive only been working there for 2 weeks and its my first job so i dont want to just give up. I'm trying so hard but I have to stop myself all the time for being ridiculous and crying.

thankyou.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)