New bug worm virus on xp & 2000 (1 Viewer)

Comedy_Al

How many people out there have had probs with this new worm? It has comepletely screwed the net on the public schools for a while. It utilises a remote admin bug in xp & 2000 to insert itself into system32- no double-clicking or running required. It sends out billions of packets to every other computer and if it finds any without sp1 then inserts itself there as well....... absoloutly brilliant programer who wrote it....you can see some of the scource on symmantic & those places. Pretty damn annoying though, infected almmost every computer. hub was at 100% utalistaion and we couldn't get to our stuff.:mad:

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Are you talking about SoBig? I have only heard about on the net ...

Comedy_Al

I think it's called the WelchWorm, but it calls itself heaps of different things. Fortunetly its not very damaging i don't think.

Last edited:

fatmuscle

HSC
ah well, if it's not too damaging, what's the point of making a virus?

havoc is good!!!

Kn1ght_M4r3

I think they get joy out of releasing it and watching their "baby" go to work lol. It's like i dunno getting 100% in 4unit maths or something. U feel so proud i guess these creators are proud of their accomplishment.
Yes i must give this programmer some credit, even managed to get my skool down ahhahaah. =) well there are actually 3 which are category 4 viruses i think,
- W32.Sobig.F@mm
-W32.Welchia.Worm
-W32.Blaster.Worm

ahh well as long as it don't fuG me up im happy lol. Though im getting alot of viruses sent to my email, damn SoBIg!!!

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
heaps of ppl ino had it.
their comps kept rebooting wen they were online.
worm gets in automatically through open ports.

dl patch and its all good

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
But to get the patch you need to be online. :p

Comedy_Al

It actually goes and downloads the service pack to fix the vulnrability, and then remaves itself if it's later than 2004... its like Fisher Price My First Virus

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)