New NCAP Moderator (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Dear NCAP visitors and regulars,

As you might already know, Generator/Josh has recently resigned from moderating the News Current Affairs and Politics forum.
He's done an incredible job, and surely irreplaceable. I'm sure he has been missed by many.

He and other moderators have recommended and appointed me as the new NCAP moderator, and although I admit that Generator can probably never be adequetely replaced, I will do my best to keep NCAP in the way we all remember. I have been a NCAP regular since I first joined in 2004 and will try to follow in the same light as previous moderators; MoonlightSonata and Generator.

I understand that some members may have concerns. I've expressed my own opinions in NCAP in the past yes, but I will keep my moderating unbiased. These last few weeks, and daresay months, I have concentrated on moderating rather than expressing my values.

Even though I moderate a few other forums, I understand that NCAP is a whole new ball game. If anyone has a problem with my moderating, please do not hesitate to Private Message me for an appeal or take it to the Contact Moderators Forum. I will be willing to consider your case in an objective and mature manner. Also, I encourage and appreciate any advice (provided that it is polite and informed) concerning the quality of my moderating.

That being said, all should be great as long as everyone follows these Forum Rules and take note of the Politics and Arguments Guide clearly outlined by MoonlightSonata. If these are followed correctly, there would be little need for any moderators intervening.

Happy posting and thank you :)

Kind regards,

ur_inner_child/Stef

Last edited:

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
That's good, you'll be an excellent replacement, though I admit I was enjoying posting whatever I wanted in NCAP without it being edited or deleted. I guess I'll have to curb the insults and junk now.

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
Yeah I thought he was a little strict.
That exchange I had with The_Logical _One that time was great, I wish he hadn't deleted it.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
fucking love this has made me happy. Stef is the most awesomest mod to ever have awesome qualities in the world ever. And generator, i didn't like the guys modding style at all, in fact, good riddance to him. Stef, welcome *hugs*

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
ur_inner_child said:
These last few weeks, and daresay months, I have concentrated on moderating rather than expressing my values.
This actually dissapoints me slightly, not that you are becoming a moderator but that you intend to moderate instead of expressing your thoughts - your perspective is one that is fairly highly valued (at least I think so), especially in the midst of the departure of many of the other mainstays. So I think this forum is losing something in a way, needless to say I'm sure you'll do a great job in the future.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Congrats Stef.

I think the appointment will make NCAP a more harmonious forum as you're certainly a member of the community who garners alot of love and respect.

X

xeuyrawp

Congrats and good luck to you, Stef! I'm sure you will do a great job. =)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
kami said:
This actually dissapoints me slightly, not that you are becoming a moderator but that you intend to moderate instead of expressing your thoughts - your perspective is one that is fairly highly valued (at least I think so), especially in the midst of the departure of many of the other mainstays. So I think this forum is losing something in a way, needless to say I'm sure you'll do a great job in the future.
Prior to my application I wanted to moderate the forum on the sidelines and hence focussed on the moderating side than the opinion side. But now
I do believe I could achieve a balance. Also, I was concerned with members who would feel I'd be too biased, in which case, in the past, I may have.

Thank you for expressing that concern, it flatters me.

And thank you everyone :)

Last edited:

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
These last few weeks, and daresay months, I have concentrated on moderating rather than expressing my values.
Hopefully they are Australian values, or you're gonna be on Kim Beazley's bad side >:/

wheredanton

Retired
HSC
The politics forum is an interesting creature. It goes dead for weeks and months at a time but then shoots back to life. The quality is pretty crap these days compared to the golden days of yore with of the older members, like say me, not having the motivation to actually type out gigantic counter posts. For the older members are too old and political intricacies and expressing them have become secondary to the quest to get a job and to earn some K to fund the Aussie Yuppie dream of a nice house on the lower north shore full of ikea furniture. Don't forget the sensible Subaru in the driveway and the Chardonnay needed to discuss soft lefty views with like minded friends.

Last edited:

lengy

HSC
I really liked the moderating style of the previous NCAP champions... but I really value your passionate opinions Stef. NCAP has gone down hill so fast without a moderator and I hope you can maintain a standard similar to before but expressing your opinion as well. I hope NCAP gets cleaned up. Good luck with the top job Stef. You'll be a Super Moderator soon enough. :)

lala2

Banned
HSC
Congrats Stef! Three promotions this year including taking on modship for the first time! :eek: You'll be a supermod soon enough!

K

katie_tully

You didn't need to post an obituary to Generator for me to vote for you.

What's that? Generator isn't dead? What with all the butt kissing everybody is doing, I was sure he was dead. :p

K

katie_tully

Shush, this thread is about Stef's rise to moderator prominence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)