new syllabus (1 Viewer)

jilly12

HSC
not sure if this has been mentioned yet but apparently there is a new syllabus for SDD and now is called software engineering. Does anyone know where I can find resources to study for it?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
That is correct. There is a new syllabus and it will involve a name change from Software Design and Development to Software Engineering. Unfortunately, with this being a new syllabus, it is normal to expect that there will be very few (if any) resources that you can access in order to study for this subject at this stage. This will especially be the case of your HSC cohort, which will be the cohort to sit the first Software Engineering HSC exam. This is similar to when the new HSC English syllabus was first assessed in 2019. Having completed my HSC that year, the lack of resources (for instance, past exam papers) to support our preparations was definitely an obstacle.

With that being said, you are definitely still able to learn a few things in preparation for the year 11 course. From what I have observed, there is an emphasis on programming, specifically Python, possibly making this a starting point for you. Additionally, students should be able to interpret fragments of JavaScript. It would also be a good idea to access the Software Engineering syllabus and familiarise yourself with it.

I think that the Notes & Resources section may also be updated to reflect these changes (the same applies to Enterprise Computing). Based on this, I would recommend regularly checking it for any such updates as well as notes and other material that may be posted there which may be useful to your studies.

I hope this helps! :D

moonsuyoung

HSC
not sure if this has been mentioned yet but apparently there is a new syllabus for SDD and now is called software engineering. Does anyone know where I can find resources to study for it?
Hi!
I don't think there are resources at the moment, cause no one was done software engineering. I've also tried looking for some past papers or anything similar and I couldn't. I think the best thing we could do is advance our programming skills, such as python and learn what booleans are, pseudocode, etc.

dav53521

HSC
I'll just like to add while the entire Software engineering syllabus has not been taught yet some parts of it look like they have been taken from the SDD/IPT syllabus so stuff like pseudo-code, flow charts, most of the System and Data Modelling, Project Management Tools, software implementation methods, Methods for Testing a System and debugging tools have been taken from the SDD/IPT syllabus so looking into those could help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)