• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

New users in the buy/sell section idea? (1 Viewer)

7th Sign

HSC
Ok I have a idea for the for sale section to stop like thoes new e scammers comming in, Is it possible for mods to allow people with like more then 25 or more then 50 posts the ability to start threads in their and people with below 25 can only view the adds and send emails and post stuff?

7th Sign

HSC
nah systems like that are not that great for forums, they are a lot of work and usually have problems.
I think the only thing that would be good would people with less then say 50 posts can not start threads in the buy/sell section.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I'd agree if the problem was greater.
But currently it dosent happen that often, maybe once every 2 weeks, if that. If it was more frequent then sure, id be all for restricting new people from that forum.
But such restrictions should IMO be used when other methods have failed, and the problem is frequent.

Perhaps though, a few moderators could be assigned to B/S (As i think its only Supermods and admins atm?)

Also, the advertising/scamming isnt exclusively confined to Buy/sell. Ive seen it in Music, IT and Non school.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)